Inspirations for February

Sam Beavers:

Sam Beavers is a guy who had come into our creative writing class and had talked about his adventures in Australia. He had taken these adventures when he chose to take a gap year before he started University. He talked about how it does not take a lot of money for a person to start traveling. He had inspired me to really live in the moment and to write about moments that I have but don’t really notice because of me thinking about the future. He also made me talk about how stunning nature is and how we shouldn’t just be looking at it through our phones but should really go and see it because it is so much more better. Also, one thing he told us about him is that he hasn’t had a proper phone for the longest time and doesn’t even care. I found this astounding because I had thought about my connection to my phone and how hard it would be for me to let it go and just live life at the moment. But, I should really be doing that not sticking myself to a virtual world.

Toyota Supra (2020 version):

Recently Toyota has announced the new Supra that is to release in 2020. I had been reading up on it and all the technical specifications and what amazing features it has. But, during my readings, I had not found anything that I could say is interesting. It seems like a normal Toyota, not the Supra name that is infamous in the car community. The old supra MK4 was absolutely amazing it was very customizable and could be tuned to have stupid amounts of power. This new Supra lives nowhere near the hype that the Supra name has. It inspired me to talk about how old Japanese cars were so much better because of the lack of new technology and new environmental laws. New environmental laws have made it hard for car companies to create new cars that are stunning and are fun to drive. All these new cars lack in power and sound because of the extremely small engines they use to make sure they fit into environmental laws. Also, companies like Tesla are created all-electric cars that have no noise and are nothing stunning to the car community besides their acceleration. Going back to the 2020 Supra, it is based on a BMW Z4, which is a very budget friendly but powerless car. The new supra was co-created by BMW hence why the extremely close resemblance, but the resemblance does not stop at the aesthetics but also the BMW, which is cheaper is better than the Supra because of its lower weight compared to the Supra. The Supra name usually goes with a sports car theme and usually sports cars have lots of vents for cooling when they go high speeds or for the engine, but this new Supra has more than 30 fake vents. They look like vents but don’t actually have holes in them for air to go through, and some could actually be useful but Toyota still did not make them real. As a writer about cars and technology, this new announcement inspired me to cherish and to be grateful for older cars because of their lack of new technology that really takes away from the car more than it helps.